Monday, March 14, 2011

There is nothing like doing your laundry and hanging it out to dry in the rain!

Yes. I have been waiting for my clothes to dry for the last 3 days now. It has been raining pretty much non stop for the last 3 days. I am leaving for Georgetown on Wednesday night and I have no clothes to wear!! It's so funny, after I washed my clothes I asked my family, "So what should I do with the clothes since it is raining outside?" They said, "Just hang them up." I was like...In the rain?? But I guess my other choice was to wait until they got mildewy in the bucket. So I started hanging them up in the rain and laughing because it was so ridiculous. At least they got a really REALLY good rinse. The rain stopped for like an hour today and so I brought the clothes in and my host mom said she would hang them up for me tomorrow if it is sunny. But if it's not sunny....then??? Well we will play it by ear. I might have to wear the same clothes a bunch of times for a week when I am meeting my counterpart (who I will be working with for the next two years). Maybe first impressions aren't everything here. But I feel like they are! Awesome.
Let's see, I still have not found out where I am going to be placed for the next two years. The PC Staff said that we would find out on Wednesday. Ahh I am so anxious!
Before we officially move to our site we will be "Swearing In" as PC Volunteers mid April. I was originally going to wear a black dress (prob one that I have worn to Macy's a thousand times), but my host mom is lending me one of her Saris! So I will look like a Guyanese legitimately!

Anyways, I am heading out. But I want to wish a HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL MOM ON MARCH 18TH!! She is an amazing woman and I would not be here, doing what I love, without her love and support. Say a prayer for her!

Later Gaters

2 comments:

  1. Chels, all of your clothes are dirty?! Can you buy some stuff down there? Do they have any US stores? Are you taking pictures of your surrounding area? If you can, please do! I am curious as to what things look like. Did mom tell you she is coming to visit this weekend for her Birthday?? We will definitely be thinking about you and missing you! Glad to hear things are going (pretty) well!

    Love you!!
    E
    P.S. Nick, Rocco, Peanut, and Breuyere say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Chelsea! That's awesome! I will think about you when I'm at track tonight! :) You, Elaine, Ali, Holly, and mom are my inspiration as far as running goes! :) Love you! Sounds like the washing-drying clothes thing is fun!!! ;) Love you, miss you!
    -Janie!
    p.s. i'll respond to your e-mail soon!

    ReplyDelete