Sunday, July 24, 2011

Don't tie your hammock up loosely...

Good Day!
It feels good to be home again. I have been spending the last week at our 3-Month Reconnect Conference. It has been SO good to see the rest of the volunteers and also to get ideas and inspirational stories from them. It is true that every Peace Corps Volunteer has a different experience. Even education volunteers, like me, have been having experiences that are drastically different. So it is cool to hear back about what everyone is finding as a challenge and also what successes they have been having. I have gotten a lot of ideas about what i can do in my community. So, yes, it was a great week. We also finished off the week with karaoke and a dance party! Always a good time!
I also got to go to another Hindu wedding the weekend before the conference. I wore an outfit that honestly looked like Princess Jasmine, from Aladdin. The pants were balloon pants and the color was the teal/tourquise (like Princess Jasmine!) There might be a picture or two on facebook..but I forgot my camera...so luckily some of the other volunteers tooks some pictures. I ate 7 curry TWICE! So I guess that means I ate 14 curry! The bride and groom looked so happy and beautiful. It was such a pleasure to go to their wedding. Alicia and I also went to a wedding a couple of days before we went to out 3-month reconnect. It was such a nice wedding. They had a projection screen for all the people that couldn't see the wedding up close. I borrowed a sari from one of the teachers at my school. (Pictures will be on fb soon!) It was a really nice ceremony. SWe also got to meet our neighbors sister (who was also at the wedding) and now we are going to go to a horse race with her today.
I can't write a lot today because I am so far behind this week with laundry, cleaning, etc (from being gone for a whole week). Man we found so many bugs when we came back...it was not a nice surprise! We even made sure to clean up extra so that we wouldn't have a problem. I guess that's the beauty of living in a tropical climate. No vacation from bugs!
I got a package of pictures from my mom, along with coffee, and news articles about what is going on in Cleveland Sports!! Thanks mom! I also got a package from the NC Dulaneys (Uncle Randy, Aunt Nora, Madison, and Taylor). Man, I cannot thank you enough for the supplies. I will defintely, DEFINITELY be using the white boards, markers, paper, and crayons. Seriously. So awesome. Thanks guys!
Hope all is well, wherever life is taking you right now. More later! Lots of Love :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww Chelly!!!!!! (: That sounds so cool!!!! And Maria says hi and she is going to read your blog every.sinlge.day. LOL <3 I MISS YOU SO MUCH AND LOVE YOU EVEN MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (:

    ReplyDelete